Register now for 2015 Youth Development Research Update
March 23, 2015
Each year, the Youth Development Research Update creates a forum for practitioners and Cornell University researchers to discuss issues relevant to the well-being and development of children and adolescents. Together we will ask:
- How can practitioners use research findings for interventions or practices that benefit young people within various social settings?
- Which questions emerge from the field that researchers have not explored and need to address?
Day 1 - Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 1:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- 1:00 Welcome and Introductions
- 1:30 Research Presentation: Dawn E. Schrader - Communication: Everybody Talks: Forms and Functions of Gossip and Talk in Adolescent Female Social Aggression
- 2:30 Roundtable Discussions
- 3:00 Panel Discussion: Special Tribute to Professor Steve Hamilton (We will be joined by several of Steve’s former students and colleagues for the panel and reception)
- 5:00 Reception in honor of Professor Steve Hamilton
Day 2 - Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 9:00 Welcome Back and Refreshments
- 9:15 Research Presentation: Steven E. Alvarado - Sociology: Racial and Ethnic Minorities in STEM: Challenges and Opportunities for Advancement
- 10:30 Research Presentation: Sharon Sassler - Policy Analysis and Management: Social Class Differences in Relationship Processes and the Entry into Cohabitation
- 11:30 Roundtable Discussions
- 12:00 Lunch and Networking
- 1:00 Research Presentation: Anna R. Haskins - Sociology: Paternal Incarceration and Children's Early Educational Outcomes
- 2:00 Final Roundtable Discussions and Wrap-up
Full talk descriptions are available on the registration form.
Registration is required and space is limited, so please register as soon as possible. There is no deadline, but registration will close once capacity is met. Please download and complete the registration form and mail it with payment to:
ACT for Youth Center of Excellence
Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research – Beebe Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Contact Amy with questions at email@example.com or 607-255-7736.
Conference registration and lunch are provided at $60. Participants are responsible for hotel and travel arrangements and expenses. For the group rate of $99, reserve rooms with the La Tourelle Inn by May 2, 2015, and reference the Youth Development Conference.
La Tourelle Inn
1150 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850