Register now for 2014 Youth Development Research Update
March 24, 2014
Each year, the Youth Development Research Update creates a forum for practitioners and Cornell University researchers to discuss issues relevant to the well-being and development of children and adolescents. Research presentations will be followed by ample time for participant questions. Throughout the event, roundtable discussions will provide practitioners an opportunity to reflect on the presented material. Together we will ask:
- How can practitioners use research findings for interventions or practices that benefit young people within various social settings?
- Which questions emerge from the field that researchers have not explored and need to address?
Day 1 - Tuesday, June 3, 2014
1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Research Presentation: Robert Sternberg, Human Development: Beyond IQ: Assessing students for creative, analytical, practical, wisdom-based, and ethical skills
- Research Presentation: Nancy Wells, Design and Environmental Analysis: Findings from a research - extension partnership: The effects of school gardens on children’s diet and physical activity
- Roundtable Discussions
Day 2 - Wednesday, June 4, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Welcome Back and Refreshments
- Research Presentation: Natalie Bazarova, Communications: Self-disclosure of personal information in social media
- Research Presentation: Travis Gosa, Africana Studies: Does hip-hop really belong in schools? Reframing hip-hop as critical pedagogy
- Roundtable Discussions
- Lunch and Networking
- Update: Jutta Dotterweich, Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research: Positive Youth Development 101: Findings from the pilot trainings and next steps
- Research Presentation: Lorraine Maxwell, Design and Environmental Analysis: The role of the physical environment in child and adolescent self-efficacy
- Final Roundtable Discussions and Wrap-up
Full talk descriptions are available on the registration form.
Registration is required and space is limited, so please register as soon as possible. There is no deadline, but registration will close once capacity is met. Please download and complete the registration form and mail it with payment to:
ACT for Youth Center of Excellence
Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research – Beebe Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Contact Amy with questions at email@example.com or 607-255-7736.
Conference registration and lunch are provided at $60. Participants are responsible for hotel and travel arrangements and expenses. For the group rate of $99, reserve rooms with the LaTourelle Inn by May 2, 2014, and reference the Youth Development Conference.
La Tourelle Inn
1150 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850